Since I mostly live in comfortable clothes now and like the occasional workout class, I needed some new leggings. And by need, I mean just convinced myself I needed them. I’ve been wanting to try Fabletics for a while now, but got spooked by the V.I.P system. Basically, this charges you 50 bucks after the 5th of every month unless you buy something or skip that month. I’ve been burned by forgetting to skip my Hello Fresh before (literally woke up in a cold sweat after sleepily seeing my PayPal charged 60 bucks one morning), but really wanted the discounted leggings. My bank account be damned, I signed up and walked away with the cutest spring leggings.
I have two favorite pairs of leggings. One was bought for maybe $25 at Forever21 and the other was a very spontaneous Lululemon $98 purchase after feeling very good in them in the dressing room mirror. The price is obviously wildly different, but they do have a few things in common. 1. Super mega high-waisted. 2. The perfect length aka no bunching at the bottom and not too short. 3. Thin enough to breathe but thick enough that there isn’t any weird see-through areas. It also helps that they’re both a cute print and mostly black.
I’d say the key to finding good leggings is trying them on. I’ve bought way too many online that were either thicker than I thought or didn’t come up high enough—which it needs to be at least over the belly button no question. Fabletics opened a pop-up down in SoHo so I was able to try a few on. Wouldn’t say there was a huge selection, but decent enough. These are what I tried on and what I ended up getting. 2 for $24, ya can’t beat that.
So the question is, do these measure up to my favorite leggings? Let’s get the not so great out of the way, as usual:
- I think because these leggings are light colored, the sweat marks show. Kinda gross, but crotch sweat is real and I don’t need it seen.
- THICK! The fabric is super thick. I dont hate it (I bought them full-well knowing that), but kinda hate the “front wedgie” that gives me. Am I right ladies?
Okay now for the good stuff:
- Great price. I mean $24 dollars for two is great. After the intro price, it’s $50 if you’re VIP which is still better than Lululemon
- The perfect length. Not too long and not too short.
- Holds your shit in TIGHT. And super high-waisted
- The colors are just so pretty and make me feel cute while sweating my ass off
- Did I say price already cause it’s good
Overall, 10/10 would buy again. Might try a few other styles that may be less thick in the future, but definitely worth the hype! If you’re in the market of new ones, I recommend the mint because the color is wow. Let me know if there’s something else you want me to cover in the comments!